Emily Carr people receive a 20% discount code when registering for
Check your school email for the code. The conference pass is only $80 with the ECUAD code. Register now!
Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre
181 Roundhouse Mews
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 2W3
SPARK FX is just around the corner and this year’s event is chock-full of amazing presentations that I think would be of interest to your members including:
- Opening night mixer and panel discussion with VFX supes + Nuke Studio license giveaway valued at over $10K
- Behind the scenes of His Dark Materials
- Invisible effects of Ford vs Ferrari
We’re also pleased to present the first Open Source Summit which we are producing in conjunction with the Academy Software Foundation. The summit is taking place on Sunday, 16 February and is included with the SPARK FX Conference Pass. Highlights include:
- Blue Sky Studios CTO Hank Driskill on the studio’s move to use and development of open source
- Copyright, IP and contract lawyer McCoySmith on legal aspects of open source
- David Morin, Head of Epic Games Los Angeles Lab on challenges of open source
- Lifelike & Believable and Animatrik, the local team which won a first-round of Epic Megagrants funding, presenting on their award-winning project
- Kathryn Brillhart and Greg Mitchell on real-time and virtual production
A Career Fair will accompany the conference, and is free but it is strongly suggested to register in advance.