Not all thieves look this! Some look like you and I.
Theft on campus is common so be sure to consider the following:
- never leave your valuables unattended anywhere on campus at ANY TIME.
- be aware of your surroundings.
- report suspicious behavior or activity to security immediately (604-844-3838, 3838 local or use an emergency phone located across the campus).
- if you drive, do not leave valuables in view or in your vehicle.
- do not allow or provide access to restricted areas on campus, people authorized to use an area should have their own card.
- if you bike, use a good lock or multiple locks and the secure bike cages. A coil lock can be easily cut, so consider a good U-lock and secondary lock. More bike lock information: Bike lock notice
- high theft areas include the Library and Cafeteria, keep your belongings in sight AT ALL TIMES, even a backpack slung across the back of a chair can be easily stolen.
- if something of yours is stolen, please report it immediately to Security.