Online appointments are not that different from our traditional face-to-face appointments, except that, well, you don’t have to physically be in the same room. You still book an appointment for a set time, and you show up for that appointment, but you show up in our online consultation space. See below.
Here’s a simple “how to” for using the Writing Centre’s online appointments in 5 easy steps.
1) Find a writing consultant who offers online appointments:
2) Find an available appointment and select “Yes – Meet Online”
3) When it’s time for your appointment, log back into the system, click on your appointment and then click “Start or Join Online Consultation”
4) Once you click that link, a new window will open showing three panels: a video consultation panel on the left, a whiteboard space in the middle where you can upload or paste your text, and a text chat panel on the right:
5) Most people seem to prefer the text chat option, in which case just turn off your video and start typing in the lower right hand corner.
And that’s all there is to it! Just another easy way to work with the Writing Centre…